She was a vivacious little girl playing a prank on her mom.
But seven-year-old Precise Tucker died after the joke went tragically wrong.
She became brain dead after she reportedly tied one end of a bathrobe belt around her neck.
But the child choked on a Doritos chip at her family’s kitchen in Queens, New York on Wednesday night.
Authorities sadly announced Precise had died on Friday night.
Her mother, Purity Baldwin, had told police that Tucker had a history of pulling pranks on the family.
Tucker’s pranks usually ‘involved her being physically injured or appearing to be deceased’.
Police sources said Baldwin, 39, told Tucker to ‘knock off the horseplay.’
She then walked out of the room with her 15-year-old brother while the little girl was still tied to the refrigerator door, according to the New York Post.
But tragedy struck when Tucker’s brother came back into the room.
He found the little girl choking at around 8.30pm on Wednesday.
They called 911 and removed the chips that had become stuck in Tucker’s throat before starting CPR.
Neighbor Jose Rivera saw first responders put Tucker on a stretcher, ‘pushing on her chest as they ran’ into the ambulance.
Tucker was taken to the Long Island Jewish Cohen Children’s Medical Center.
There was a glimmer of hope when she began to breathe on her own again after CPR was administered.
But by Thursday morning the little girl was on life support.
A specialist had been called in the night before and Tucker failed every test, Baldwin’s sister told the newspaper.
Police are investigating the incident. The family has no prior history with the Administration for Children’s Services.