If you are in business, then there will come a day when you need to purchase goods or services in large quantities. There is a need to place an order, and to do this, a purchase order form is required. The form is a document used by businesses and even individuals for the requisition of products from companies that can supply them. The form contains information from the purchaser for the supplier. It is an easy way of communication between a purchaser and a supplier, which is transparent such that there will be less likely to have any chance of errors. So it is necessary to understand how to create a fillable pdf from scratch. With the help of the fillable pdf, you can prepare an online purchase form for your company’s website to get the maximum benefit out of it.
Below is the information that you must include in the form:
- Details of the required products or services
- Details of the delivery which include the location and the date
- The quantities that are required
- The price of each product or service
- The total amount of the purchases
Apart from these, you can add in more detail into your purchase form to make it look more authentic.
- The type of currency the customers can use to pay for the goods. Will it be in the US. Dollars or any other foreign currency?
- How will the goods be delivered? Who will be delivering the goods and whether the company has to send them by courier or any other method
- The costs related to packaging and sending the items to the buyer.
- The company must decide beforehand who will be bearing the shipping costs. Shipping costs should only be added into the form if the buyer is paying for it. You can make use of a carrier calculator to do this calculation.
- Also, you can add the unique identifier number into the form with which the customer can track the position of the goods and get the latest status of the delivery from time to time until and unless the items reach their final destination.
The order form is also a perfect document to check if the requisition was adequately fulfilled. The date of the delivery on the form can be noted against that of the actual date of delivery. The company must double-check the quantities of the products to see if the numbers tally. It is a handy document to have when things don’t go as planned. All these details will indicate how reliable the supplier is. The customer can fill up a copy of the form for future reference.
The purchase order form has to be user friendly. It should be simple and, at the same time, have all the information necessary for a purchase. Once the form is in the computer, it is easy to obtain every time a purchase is required.