People are becoming more and more aware of the benefits of smoking weed. This is because of open discussions, various studies supporting this fact, and easy availability.
If you plan to smoke some cannabis, marijuana, weed, etc., with your friends, then go ahead and buy the best strain you can find.
But, jumping onto this bandwagon without much information can be risky. You should learn more about weed types, strains, and ways to smoke before calling your friends. Here are some things you should know.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Smoking
Here are some tips that will help to prepare better:
- Indica and Sativa: If you are looking for medical benefits like more sleep, pain, and anxiety relief, indica is your pick. But if you want to chill and plan to get a more cerebral high, then Sativa is your pick.
- Weed Strains: Taste, strength, and CBD:THC ratio varies from one strain to another. Some newbie-friendly picks are Harlequin, Plushberry, Blue Dream, Jack Herer, etc.
- Ways to Smoke: Choose how you want to smoke your marijuana.
- Joint: You roll a joint with rolling paper. A small amount is needed for this.
- Blunt: You roll a blunt in a cigar wrapper; six joints equal one blunt.
- Pipe: You fill the bowl partially at the end of the pipe with weed. Hit the weed with a lighter and inhale through the mouthpiece.
Do the Preparations
Preparation is the key if you are a complete beginner. It is imperative to prepare yourself, the surroundings, and your friends to have a good experience.
- Right Company: It is crucial to smoke your first blunt or joint among people you trust. So, bring in some close friends, who will be by your side till you come down from your high.
- Safe Place: Choose a place that is safe and reliable. It is always recommended to smoke weed for the first time at your home, relaxing in your happy place. Avoid places that are shady and unsafe.
- Clear Schedule: It is common to feel heavy-bodied and sleepy after smoking weed for the first time. Therefore, it is crucial to keep your schedule clear before smoking.
Things to Keep in Mind During Smoking
After you have decided on the weed strain, ways to smoke, and have finally bought your weed. Now, it is time to smoke some cannabis.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while smoking:
- Take It Slowly: Start small when you smoke weed for the first time. Choose a joint or blunt and smoke slowly.
- Inhale: It is crucial to inhale deeply. Take the blunt between your lips, inhale deep, remove the blunt, take a deep breath, wait for a second, and then exhale.
- Get That Itch: Coughing is normal when the smoke hits your throat for the first time.
- Eat and Drink: Keep drinking water while smoking. Also, keep munching on the snacks as it is normal to feel hungry.
- Measure the Feels: Keep a check on your feelings. Any slight sense of anxiety, and you should stop for now. It is important not to overwhelm yourself.
- Share: When smoking, pass around the joint or blunt. It will control your intake effectively. Also, it is an unsaid rule to share while smoking a joint in weed culture.
Things to Keep in Mind After Smoking
After you are done smoking, you may already be feeling relaxed, depending on the amount you smoked. Smoking cannabis, marijuana, or weed will give you a high for almost 2 hours.
But, there are a few things to keep in mind to make the experience enjoyable.
- Have Patience: It can take up to 15 minutes for you to feel buzzed and high, so wait for some. Remember not to overdo it for the first time.
- Relax: Enjoy your time by relaxing while eating snacks, listening to music, or watching a happy movie.
- Keep Hydrated: Keep drinking fluids like juice or water to avoid a dry mouth and the cottonmouth feel.
- Avoid Public Places: Do not drive and avoid going out in public to prevent any embarrassing situation.
Smoking weed for the very first time can be quite an experience or not. It depends on your age and natural tolerance. It is crucial to have patience, and there is always a second time. However, keep in mind to inhale deeply and drink plenty of water.