Even though next year’s prom is a long way off, planning ahead is a great idea and for such an important milestone in your life, it makes sense to look your very best. In case, you weren’t aware, adding a ‘pop’ of color to your look means using a single colour that is not on your dress and making this a focal point of your look.
Here are a few tips to add some pop color to your prom look.
- Choosing A Pop Color – It should be a color that is absent on your dress; red is a good choice for black, white, grey, gold, silver and green. Dresses that are black, blue, red, pink, white, green or silver, would benefit from a primrose yellow accessory, such as a bag, belt or even a bracelet. Green works well with black, purple, navy, white orange, gold.
- Flower In Your Hair – Why not have an artificial flower on your hair, which would add pop color to any look, especially when paired with a stunning dress. If you have yet to source the prom dress, the best place to find a designer dress is at the online boutique. Look for top-rated designer creations at prices that everyone can afford. You can go for one of the modern yellow prom dresses available at the online boutique, where you find designer creations at down to earth prices
- Shoes Make For A Great Pop Color Option – Wearing a yellow prom dress, for example, works with blue shoes, which kind of draws your attention to the lower half, while red is another shoe color that contrasts well with a yellow dress.
- Bags – Your bag can also be a great location for pop colour; search online for unlimited inspiration with images that should help you find a color that pops with your dress.
- Pop Your Watch – Swatch does some amazing colored timepieces that would be a great way to pop some color.
- Brooch – A brooch can provide the pop color that you need and the online supplier has many for sale.
Choosing Your Prom Dress
Of course, you can’t really choose your prom dress until you decide on a color and style, but once you do, you can search online for a designer dress boutique, where you will find designer dresses at very affordable prices. If you are buying your dress online, do make sure that you allow enough time to have the dress altered by a local seamstress. A week should be enough time to facilitate this; the chances of finding a dress that fits 100% are very slight and if your measurements fall between sizes, always go for the next size up.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your accessories, as this is often the best way to find the best combination. Take a look online at the many e-stores that sell fashion accessories. You will surely find the right extras to complement your look.
If you want some pop color inspiration, Google Images can help by finding literally thousands of great photos of models wearing cool accessories that really pop!