Are you looking for some challenging workout? You are on the right web page; here, you will get to know about cardio kickboxing.
Cardio kickboxing is a combination of Martial arts techniques with fast-paced cardio. It is a high-energy workout that challenges both beginners and elite athletes. It improves flexibility & coordination, builds your stamina, and also burns calories. It is a mixture of punches and lower body movements as well
In a cardio kickboxing class, you are demonstrated with the movements of punches, knee strikes, and kicks. Cardio kickboxing workout is very sweaty as all of its movements are done with pace.
What includes a Cardio kickboxing workout?
A cardio kickboxing class can run from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the gym. A cardio class includes a warmup with dynamic and static stretching. There are sessions of core exercises like planking and crunches as well.
Cardio kickboxing is a non-contact workout; all the punches or kicks are hit in the air or on cushions. Doing this workout for an hour results in burning 350 to 450 calories. During the workout, your heart rate gets intense and faces cardiovascular conditions that positively impact your heart.
Cardio helps you to have a daily calorie deficiency, resulting in fat loss. The most difficult fat loss is the belly fat, but cardio workout helps in doing that easily. Cardio prevents you from heart diseases and diabetes, as it is a healthy workout for your body.
Who should do Cardio?
People get bored with the usual workout equipment like treadmills as it is a slow way of workout and has a dull routine. A cardio workout is fast and has new moves. It is a good fitness choice for those who want to lose weight by burning calories, and also improves your heart health and stamina. Everyone can take a cardio kickboxing workout class; it is not mandatory to experience boxing and martial arts.
If you are a beginner, it is recommended to start slow, take care of your body and take water breaks when needed. Cardio kickboxing is a high-intensity workout that allows you to exercise at full intensity.
Cardio is not an easy way of workout; initially, you will find it difficult and want to quit. If you are not able to follow the movements correctly, keep moving to enjoy its physical benefits. Patience and practice help you to improve.
Focusing on the core, you can expect a full-body workout that engages every muscle of your body during a cardio class. A cardio workout includes rapid movement that improves your stamina, flexibility, and balance; moreover, it improves your reflexes.
Cardio kickboxing workout is an effective way to relieve frustration and stress. It also helps in blocking the feelings of pain, and you stay in a good mood. According to a study, group exercise strengthens your hormones, working out with a group enhances a healthy sense of competition.
Regular physical activities boost up your energy levels, and your lungs & heart perform more efficiently. Cardio exercises improve your mood, allow you to fall asleep quickly, and help you get quality sleep.
How to begin?
Before going to the gym, you need to make a routine to get better results regarding cardio. Start running as it is very vital to workout effectively. It will improve mobility, overall feeling of wellness, and performance. When you have made a workout routine, look for a gym where cardio kickboxing classes are held.
Many gyms offer cardio kickboxing workout classes. You need to find a gym with cardio classes near your home.
For your first cardio workout class, make sure to do the following things:
- Wear a comfortable outfit that does not resist you while stretching, with athletic shoes.
- Bring your water bottle and a towel for yourself as a cardio workout is sweating.
- Arrive at the gym on time so that you do not miss any warm-up exercise at the beginning of the class.
- Try to follow the instructor as much as you can to get along with the cardio kickboxing workout from the first day.
Following are the punches that you learn in a cardio kickboxing class:
- Jab (a straight punch with hand on the lead side of your body).
- Hook (high arm swinging motion, generally aims at the head).
- Cross (a straight punch from the linger arm).
- Uppercut (hooking motion that starts low and comes up, aiming at the face).
The kick motions of cardio kickboxing workout are described below:
- Front kick (drive the knee up and extend the leg straight forward).
- High kick (take your front foot up by rotating your hips & leg).
- Knee strikes (drive the knee up and pull the opponent down to the lifting knee at the same time).
- Shin block (bring the knees up and elbows down in a crunchy motion by keeping hands in front of the face. Knees and elbows of the same side should be in contact )
We hope that this guide will be helpful for you when starting a cardio kickboxing workout.