Planning your first college trip is exciting! Traveling is one of the best activities you could do while you’re in college. Not only will traveling open up your perspective but it will also help you connect with other people. Who knows, it could even help you learn a new language – now how exciting is that?
Why Should You Travel in College?
Before getting started on how to properly plan your vacation, let’s see how traveling can change your life. Check out the most important reasons below.
- Seeing the world. Sure, you might’ve traveled with your parents before, but traveling alone opens up new possibilities for a student. You get to be by yourself in another foreign country and explore the world independently. This could change the way you think for all you know. You could travel by signing up for a study abroad program, finding an internship abroad, or volunteering. You could also download an app that helps students find their favorite destinations.
- Connect to people from a different culture. After graduation, you will enter the job market and might have to connect with people from all over the world. If you’ve got some experience doing that, this could really help your career.
- Make new friends. How awesome is it to visit people all over the world? You will literally make new friends everywhere you go.
- Another reason why you should travel is that this will help you grow as a person. Traveling is not all sunshine and rainbows – it can be challenging sometimes. Going through various life challenges in your travels will help you become a better, well-rounded person.
How Can You Plan the Perfect Traveling Trip While in College?
Planning the perfect trip is not as easy as you think – there are many things to consider. However, with the right help and access to effective planning tools, you could turn this adventure into the perfect journey. Here are some tips and tricks on how to plan your next travels.
- Choose your favorite destination
The first question is, where do you want to go? Is it Egypt, Morocco, or Japan? Is it Europe? Is it Latin America? Find your favorite destination and know what you aim for. If you are not sure where you’ll go, traveling can be dangerous. Having an itinerary will help you stay safe and know how to structure your financials.
- Book your flight effective immediately
The next step is booking your flight. Once you figured out what your destination is, you should look for the best deals online. Make sure you are buying your ticket ahead of time to avoid high traveling fees. Consider going through an agency only if you really need to – they’re usually expensive.
- Get travel insurance
You cannot travel without travel insurance. In fact, you can, but it’s not at all recommended. Do your research and make sure that your insurance company’s plans are structured and cover everything you need. If you don’t have time to research and submit your last research papers before the summer, consider hiring a reliable cheap research paper writing service. Consultants here do a great job at assessing your needs and coming up with an essay plan that sticks. You could always contact them and ask for a research paper example if you’re not sure whether they can help you. There are indeed many research paper topics you could choose for your senior project, so you’ve got to make sure that they’re specialized in your academic area. You should send them your research paper definition beforehand and check if they can help you.
- Book your accommodation
Your next step is booking accommodation. Make sure you do this ahead of time as well, the prices are lower during the spring season. You could use booking.com or Airbnb, depending on your preferences.
- Decide how you’ll get around
Next, decide how you will get around the city you’re traveling to. Most students forget this part and end up taking taxis or Ubers everywhere. While this could be an option to consider, you’ll have more fun using public transportation or riding a bike.
- Research what you can do
Many cities offer free walking tours for students, so book one beforehand. You can start there and see where the adventure takes you. Don’t forget to check out the museums and local attractions while you’re there.
- Make sure your passport is valid
This is self-explanatory but very important. Make sure your passport is valid ahead of time! You can be prepping the whole trip ahead only to find out you’ve got to renew your passport. Check the date now!
Traveling can be an amazing experience, so make sure you’re doing it while you’re still in college. This adventure could help you understand what you want out of life, so when career time comes, you’ll know where you’re headed. Safe travels!
Cory Shilling is a freelance writer and blogger. She helps students get their assignments done while they’re traveling. In her free time, Cory likes to skydive and hike.