Whether your goal is to get stronger and bigger, you certainly want to see your fitness progress right away. However, building your muscles in an efficient and healthy manner requires a lot of time, dedication, and hard work. Along with your muscle-building training program, diet and other lifestyle choices play a very important role.
Thus, if you’re planning to promote healthy muscle growth, below are the five tips to consider from the very beginning:
1. Follow A Healthy, Balanced Diet
Typically, building healthy muscles needs a positive energy balance, which means that you should take in more calories and other nutrients than you intend to burn. This is where following a healthy, balanced diet comes to the rescue. Having this kind of diet as part of your nutrition plan can help you grow muscle, lose fat, and get healthier overall.
Here’s how you can follow a healthy, balanced diet for effective muscle growth:
- Eat Breakfast – When trying to build muscle mass, eating breakfast can be a great idea since it provides you with immediate source of energy and helps you stay full until your next meal. For a healthy breakfast, you may prepare omelettes, cottage cheese, and smoothies, among many other options.
- Add Protein To Each Meal – In addition to eating breakfast, it’s also important to add protein to each of your meal to boost your muscle growth. If you want to build and maintain healthy muscles, then you should at least consume a gram of protein per pound of your bodyweight. The best way to get this amount is to eat good sources of protein, such as red meat, fish, eggs, dairy product. However, if you’re into a training program, you may also want to partner your meal with a muscle building supplement from a reliable brand, such as Transparent Labs, a few hours before your workout.
- Eat Fruits And Vegetables With Each Meal – Since fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and fiber, it’s a great idea to add these types of foods to your meal when building your muscles. These can make your stomach full without gaining fat or weight.
- Consume 90% Whole Foods – To further promote muscle mass growth, then 90% of what you put in your mouth should be made up of whole foods. Generally, whole foods are unrefined and unprocessed foods that are as close as possible to their natural state. These can include fresh meat, fish, and many more.
- Eat Healthy Fats – Consuming healthy fats can improve your health since they digest slowly but surely. As such, it’s best to balance the intake of fats and avoid artificial trans-fat that’ll slow down the muscle growing process.
- Eat Carbs After Your Workout – Although you need carbs for energy, you need to limit your intake before your workout to ensure healthier muscle growth. This means you should only consume carbs-rich foods after your muscle-building training.
- Eat Every Three Hours – Eat the right amount of food at the right time to increase muscle mass. You can do this by eating your breakfast, lunch, and dinner as usual, with snacks in between. When you observe proper food intake, you’ll avoid overeating or topping yourself up with unhealthy snacks.
- Drink Water – Muscle-building training can cause water loss through sweating. Thus, if you want to prevent dehydration while increasing your muscle mass, you should drink water regularly as part of your healthy diet.
2. Choose The Right Exercises
When you want to promote healthy muscle growth, choosing the right exercises can be an excellent idea. For instance, you may utilize three of the most common weight training exercises to build strength and good muscle mass. These exercises can include squat, the bench press, and the deadlift. When you equip your workouts with these big, compound, multi-joint moves, you’ll have higher chances of attaining the muscles growth you’ve always wanted.
On the other hand, growing your muscles the healthy way is never easy. While the aforementioned exercises can be a good solution, you may want to consider mixing cardio exercises and weights exercise to come up with a great fitness combo. Doing so may allow you to maximize results.
3. Perform Workouts Consistently
Once you find the right combination of exercises, the next step to do is perform them frequently and consistently. Typically, training at least three times a week can be an excellent start to promote healthier muscles as it can create a muscle building stimulus for yourself.
Remember, by regularly performing workouts, you can get the most out of the process and ensure great muscle mass in no time.
4. Set Reasonable Goals And Timeframes
When trying to grow healthy muscles, it’s important to set reasonable goals and timelines so you can monitor your progress easily and quickly. For instance, you should start slowly, but don’t be discouraged if your progress isn’t as fast as what you expect. After all, building muscles isn’t an easy feat to achieve. You need to be more patient with the process if you want to fulfill your fitness goals in no time.
5. Allow Time For Rest And Recovery
Typically, muscles are being built between workouts and not during them. This means that training too often at a higher intensity without room for recovery can adversely affect your muscle growing efforts.
For this reason, you should allow time for rest and recovery. For example, if you’ve been working out frequently, be sure to get plenty of sleep since recovery is most effective when you rest and during sleep. When you fail to do so, it may delay your muscle building journey, and potentially result in illness and injury.
Indeed, growing healthy muscles can be a challenging process. With all the things to consider, such as your food intake, diet, exercises, and many others, the entire muscle building process is something you should take seriously. And more than those tips, you could have a life hack to help you speed up muscle growth by taking supplements or steroids for sale.
Luckily, by following the tips mentioned above, you can heighten your chances of promoting healthy muscles and reducing fat. Remember, the fitness and health you achieve through these efforts will become your assets that’ll stay with you for as long as you keep training and doing your part of the bargain.