Python is a programming language that was released in the year 1991. Yes, Python is in high demand across industries. According to the TIOBE index, Python is the second most popular programming language in 2021. It is used for different purposes. Python, when used as a server, becomes helpful in creating web applications. It is also used for software development. It can also be connected to different databases to modify them. Often it helps handle complex mathematics and scientific calculations. The popularity of python is based on several reasons. Firstly, it is user-friendly because it has syntax similar to the English language. This makes it easier for beginners to understand the codes and write them. It is a high-level programming language that is interpreted, object-oriented. This is what makes it sophisticated and preferred by developers.
Talking about Python, it can be learned easily by professionals. So, a Python for beginners course is an easy way for new professionals to learn it from scratch. Read out the rest of the article below to know more about Python.
Features of Python
Listed below are some of the features that make python a popular language:
- Python is easy to write and remember. The reason is that it has a syntax very similar to the English language, and therefore it becomes user-friendly.
- Python is a high-level programming language. This gives a benefit to the users for leaving the memory management and architecture up to the language itself. In other words, it reduces the manual effort.
- The source code of the python is automatically interpreted when you write it. This interpreter checks the python code line by line on a real-time basis. This makes the developer aware of the code immediately after writing it. As a result, it becomes efficient to write it.
- Python has several libraries for various purposes such as databases, web browsers, regular expressions, image manipulation, etc.
- Python code can be run on different operating systems. Even if you write your code on Windows, it can also be executed on Linux or IOS. This shows that python is platform-independent.
- Python offers several frameworks that can be used for web development. Some of those frameworks are pyramid, Django, bottle, and flask. These are very helpful in managing the content over the digital platforms and websites. Frameworks consist of multiple libraries for various purposes.
- Python has libraries that can also be used for game development. The libraries such as PyGame, PySoy are mainly used to create gaming applications. All of these libraries are used to implement gaming tools and actions.
- Python has its applications extended over the scientific and numeric applications. Some of its powerful libraries serve this purpose. It consists of Scipy, Pandas, IPython, Numeric Python, Natural language toolkit.
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning require the latest tools and technologies. All of them are used for making algorithms and discovering new patterns. Therefore, Python fulfills this purpose by giving advanced tools and frameworks. Libraries used for AI and machine learning are SciPy, pandas, seaborn, Keras, TensorFlow, Sci-kit for ML, NumPy for scientific computing and data analysis.
- It is no surprise that python is even used for developing desktop applications with the best Graphical User Interfaces(GUI). Python facilitates frameworks that are helpful in building GUI. some of them are PyGUI, PySide, PyQT, PyGtk, Kivi, Tkinter, WxPython
- Some of the tools of python such as Scrapy, LXML, Python requests, Selenium, Beautiful Soup, etc are used for extracting information from the web pages. This information is thereafter used for different purposes.
Skills Required to Become a Python Developer
- Start with the basics first. If you are really new to programming or haven’t used programming at all, it is highly recommended that you should be aware of the basics first. So be aware of the different versions of python. The areas in which those versions can apply. Most importantly, learn its syntaxes and semantics. Enroll in any course that will cover all the topics required to know.
- By now, you have got to know that python has frameworks for different purposes. So after mastering the basics, know the frameworks which are going to be applied in your projects. Popular ones include Django, Flask, CherryPy.
- Just like python frameworks, python libraries are also helpful in serving different purposes. Make sure you know which of them will be suitable as per work needs
- Apart from python, know that the developer has to interact with the professional from another background. So the related skills such as web scripting languages, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and version control systems are also important.
- Lastly, soft skills are as important as hard skills. They make your work efficient. So the professionals must strive to be team players, leaders, efficient communicators, etc.
It can be clearly understood that python has vast applications and that it is as important as any other programming language. What’s interesting is that it can even be learned by a beginner or a person from a non-technical background. industries require professionals to know python as a core programming language. If you are really interested in learning python, take the first step in enrolling yourself in some good free online courses.