The well-being of kids is of great importance to adults than the other things in life. Around 2/3rd of the parents are highly concerned about the well-being of their kids and this concerns surpasses gender, income, age, ethnicity as well as political discrimination. You have tons of details on raising smart kids, but do you really know how to raise happy children?
- Sometimes, it gets very tough to balance what’s good for kids with what makes them healthy and happy. As per a scientific survey, “happy kids are likely to transform to successful adults”.
- But, the first stage to happier children is a little bit selfish. Yes, how happy you are, impacts the happiness of your kids. According to researches, there is a good link between mothers who are anxious or depress and negative impact in their kids such as lashing out and other behavioral issues. Parental anxiety or depression can lead to behavior issues in kids and makes parenting less impactful.
- Make them learn how to build relationships. Everybody acknowledges the importance of learning and building a relationship. But how many parents actually teach their kids how to build relationships. You don’t have to put a lot of effort. You just have to commence with encouraging your children to perform small kindness acts to inculcate empathy. It will add to their skills and make your kid a better person.
- Do not expect perfection from them but see their efforts. Relentlessly hitting the achievement drum will mess up your child. Parents who lay extra stress on achievement are more likely to have kids with high level of inferiority complex, depression etc.
- If they are struggling with psle math and don’t want to let you down, give them assistance and reassure them that you’ll always support them even if they don’t pass their exam.
- Self-discipline is an important lesson to teach. Self-discipline in kids helps in setting up a better future for your child. You heard about the renowned marshmallow test where the child who resisted temptation went to live a good life and were happier.
- Give them more playtime. You must have heard about meditation and mindfulness, but giving kids their regular play hours works brilliantly in their favor.
- Provide them with a happy environment. You may not give it importance, but kids are highly influenced by the environment they live in. Parent’s efforts are limited by effort and time, while context affects kids continuously.
- Dine together. Sometimes all science suggests is to validate things which people are following from ages, like family dinners. Yes, this one simple tradition will mold your kids better and make them happier.
- Travel together. Going on outings is an amazing way to make your kids happy and enhance their skills. However, it is equally important to maintain safety during travel. Use the best baby car seat when going out so that your child is secure during the travel and enjoys his/ her heart out.
Happiness is literally a boon in a world where performance is important. On average, happy people are more successful in comparison to the unhappy ones at work and family. They perform better, live a healthy life, and are more content and satisfied in their lives.