If you are a pet owner, you must have heard about CBD oil and its health benefits on both cats and dogs. Whether your pet is aging or is simply sick or has any other health problems in general, CBD oil can do wonders for your pet. Although there were plenty of problems in the past with the sale of CBD and CBD products for animals, things have improved a lot over the last few years. Today, you will find such products being sold even in pet clinics. Pets are prescribed CBD oil without having any second thoughts about it.
Cannabidiol or CBD is often considered to be dangerous. This is because it is an active compound extracted from the cannabis or hemp plant. Most often people get confused between CBD oil and CBD hemp oil. The former is the dangerous one and is made from marijuana seeds. It is not easily available on the local market. However, the latter, is absolutely safe and is made from various parts of the hemp plant. It is also good for you to know that CBD hemp oil and simple hemp oil is different from each other. Hemp oil is made from hemp seeds pressed together. The sole purpose is to make the oil itself. However, when it comes to CBD hemp oil, other parts of the hemp plant are used. Although they originate from the same plant, the part of the plant used to make the 2 types of oils is different.
Important Facts about CBD
There are several facts about CBD that you should know in order to clear all your doubts about the product. Some of these facts are listed below.
- Unlike THC, another active compound from the hemp plant, CBD does not have any psychoactive properties that can make you feel “high” after having it.
- CBA has a calming effect on pets due to its anti-anxiety properties. This is a major factor that has made CBD highly popular.
- CBD has the potential of fighting against cancer. However, it does not have the capabilities to cure the disease.
- CBD also has properties that make it capable enough to fight seizures and epilepsy. This health problem is rather common amongst dogs.
- CBD has pain relieving properties that proves to be rather useful for both aging and playful dogs. Aging dogs suffer from joint aches and young dogs play so much that their muscles start paining.
How Much CBD Is Suitable for Dogs and Cats?
Although CBD has proved its worth in gold when it comes to dealing with various health problems in pets, most of the pet owners find it tough to decide the right dosage for their pets. If your dog is big in size, the dosage also needs to be big. The doses also depend a lot on the breed of the dog and the health condition of the animal.
However, when it comes to cats, the size does not vary a lot. Thus, it is better to start off with a small dose and increase it with time.