A thing that you least expect to happen when you hit the garage door button is for it to shut before opening again. A garage door opening by itself is upsetting and can put danger.
It can be scary to discover your garage door suddenly wide open in the morning or it goes up when no one is home. A garage door opening by itself can be a problem by revealing the stuff in your garage. Therefore, having a garage door repairing service is one of the best ways to secure your garage from opening itself.
Let us continue learning why your garage door opens by itself and the things you could do about it.
- Safety Sensors: Safety sensors are vital in stopping accidents in your garage door. If your safety sensors get misaligned, or they become filthy, they can deter your garage door from shutting. Cleaning the safety sensors and realigning them could answer your issues.
- Garage door button: Malfunctions are bound to happen when debris or dirt gets stuck around your garage door button. All it takes is the tiniest piece of dirt nestled in the wrong place for the door to lift without signs.
- Wiring: If your garage door keeps lifting, it could be due to wires running from the garage door motors to the safety sensors. It is common for rodents to chew through one of the wires and cause failure to your garage door.
- Identical Radar Frequencies: It is a rare event, but the garage door remote of your neighbor might have the same radar frequency setting as yours. So, when they press their garage door button, your garage door opens as well. Fortunately, it is easy to fix for a professional garage door technician.
- Garage Door Springs: If your garage door springs get broken, your garage door will never function quite right. Garage door springs are hazardous enough as it is. Broken garage door springs are even more dangerous. If the opening problems boil down from a broken garage door spring, make sure to call a garage door pro as soon as possible.
- Dirt and Debris Buildup: If you press the garage door remote control to close the door, then place an object under its way as it shuts. The garage door needs to stop and open. The garage doors have a reverse mechanism, a safety feature that deters people and their possessions from being destroyed. If the garage door begins to close and safety sensors sense something on its way, it will reverse the closing movement and open again. While the safety sensor is perfect for keeping your garage and vehicle safe, sometimes it turns out to be a problem. If you close your garage door and the sensor senses an object, it will do the reverse mechanism. The garage door will not close until its way becomes cleared.
Family Christian Doors can diagnose and assess your garage door issues.
If your garage door keeps lifting or you have any other problems with it, make sure to call our expert garage door technicians at Family Christian Doors. The following are some of the reasons why our clients rely on us:
- Years of experience: With many years of experience and expertise, homeowners in our community trust us. We have an established reputation. There is nothing we cannot do or handle. Whether your residential or commercial garage door needs replacement, we are ready to assist you with any garage door solutions.
- Same-day garage door service: If you need emergency garage door repairs, ensure to contact our pros. We offer same-day garage door service 24/7. In our words, we are efficient and prompt in our town.
- Offer Free estimates: There is no reason to spend an arm and a leg for garage door replacement or repairs. We offer free estimates or have the lowest offered prices for our customers. Plus, we run some special deals for further savings.
A garage door that keeps opening itself can be a huge concern. Fortunately, garage door pros can fix most of the issues. Depending on what makes it open. You can either solve the problem yourself or call a garage door pro.
Petty problems like changing the garage door remote control batteries, replacing the frequency of your garage door, or removing hindrances near the safety sensors are simple things you can do alone. But if you believe that your safety sensors are misaligned, or wires are damaged, it would be best to contact a professional garage door technician. Give Family Christian Door a call to book an appointment.